Aileron Bell Crank Bolt Length Correct ?

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 8/8A
Mike Balzer
Class E

Post by Mike Balzer »

I am building a RV-8 and just finished the tie down brackets. The aileron bell crank bolt in the print DWG -15a shows that an AN 4-32a bolt goes in the aileron bell crank through the bronze bushing.

This bolt is supposed to be supplied in bag 1993-1. When I looked in the hardware bag the bolts were not there.

The bolts that were there were AN 4-36a (2 each) and AN 4-28a (8 each).

Have the kits changed and the bolt length in the drawing not correct? It appears that if I were to put the bolt in there that they say in the drawing it would be too long.

Any Help with this is appreciated

Mike Balzer
It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, then being in the air and wishing you were on the ground. N78MB

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Where they there when you inventoried the kit ?
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

Mike Balzer
Class E

Post by Mike Balzer »

I may have marked my bolt gage incorrectly. I called vans and they told me the bolt should be 3 1/4 long. I will measure the bolts this weekend and check my bolt gage also.

I am to busy during the week to check the information above. Thanks for the reply

Mike Balzer

I inventoried the bag as a kit without opening it and counting every piece of hardware.
It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, then being in the air and wishing you were on the ground. N78MB

Mike Balzer
Class E

Post by Mike Balzer »

I did not mark my bolt gage correctly. My stupid mistake.