throttle..mixture..cables for io360 superior

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 8/8A
stanman
Class G
Location: 2123 Liberty...1 Lennie Av. Main Beach..Southport. 4217. Queensland.. australia

throttle..mixture..cables for io360 superior

Post by stanman »

I.m using the io360 superior eng...horizontal induction...on rv8 t/w...i have the vans supplied standard cables for the throttle ..pitch..mixture...can i position the firewall holes in the standard positions... as depicted on the plans for the RV8 ..seems as though the only other way is to mount the engine ...measure to firewall each side ...then remove engine.....drill holes .etc.....when i arranged the f/wall forward for the superior... i was of the understanding that the cables would only have to make slightely larger radii..loops etc....any advice out there tks....rgds stanman...]
stanman...rv8...fuselage

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

Stan,

I contemplated this same issue for some time.
I did some research and looked at pictures of other 8 firewalls with horizontal inductions.

I found that not everyone drills the holes per plans, and also, depending on what type of sump you use, reg or cold air induction, this also plays into it.

You may find one of the cables is the right length, and others may need to be shorter or longer dependig on these variables from what van's specifies as the standard cable lenght.

This is one of those areas that you just have to decide for yourself where to locate the holes, and then figure out what cable lengths will work.
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR