Fuel Tank T-405 bracket ?

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 8/8A
Mike Balzer
Class E

Fuel Tank T-405 bracket ?

Post by Mike Balzer »

Hi fellow RBers,
In the process of laying out the T-405 bracket, I cant tell the dimensions of the lower part of the taper. The upper section has a 1" radius and tapers to WHAT?

It looks like 3 3/4 but it appears that most people are tapering it to something like 3 1/2 or less than that.

How critical is this taper and if I need to do it more it would be much easier to do now than later after my tank is sealed.

One other thing, the placement of T-405 on the end rib is 2" from inside or outside dimensions. The drawing is hard to tell.

I appreciate any input and I just want to do it right the first time.

Thank you,

Mike Balzer
It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, then being in the air and wishing you were on the ground. N78MB

clreding
Class E

Post by clreding »

Mike
I just make it a 1/4 radius if I remember and fit it to 2'' from the leading edge. I have just started the fuse so I don't know if its right yet :)

Here is the link to that page of my build log

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_l ... 873&row=19

Call or send mail if you want to discuss. It looks to me that the attach point on the fuse has some flexibility in the mount

Craig

Mike Balzer
Class E

Post by Mike Balzer »

Thanks Craig,
I worked on it last night and finished it. It turned out better then I thought. I guess I was over thinking it. I wanted to make sure that the Center line of taper was in center line of rib while trimming it to fit the rib.

Thanks Again,

Mike Balzer
It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, then being in the air and wishing you were on the ground. N78MB