Question about Infinity stick grips

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 8/8A
Randy Erwin
Class G

Question about Infinity stick grips

Post by Randy Erwin »

I am planning on replacing the stick grip that is currently in the front seat with an Infinity grip. Do I need to replace the whole stick? I have seen one advertised in the VAF forum that is already mounted on a stick with an "S" curve. Is this necessary? I have no opinion about the curve, one way or the other, just wondering if I need to get a new stick that has this curve already in it. If so, where?? :?

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

I dont know now much of anything specific about that grip, but the S curve makes me think that someone was using it for an RV-10 or some such. I would think that you could use the stick in your own plane as long as you take care of your wiring, etc.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

Speed3Guy
Class E

Post by Speed3Guy »

You don't have to have a bent stick with the Infinity grip, but the forward cant of the grip places it even further from the pilot. With my CH grips, the trim hat at the top of the stick was directly under the edge of the panel in level cruise. I would expect the Infinity stick to be similar. The bent sticks are a popular RV8 mod. They used to be bent by a small shop called RV-Woody, but he has quit doing it. That makes the bent sticks something of a hot item.

A bent stick is required in the back if you are going to use any grip with a forward cant.
Guy Prevost
Albuquerque, NM
RV-8a Flying!
http://websites.expercraft.com/geprevo/

Randy Erwin
Class G

Post by Randy Erwin »

Thanks for the reply fellas. That makes sense to me about the bend getting the stick back out from below the panel. :)