Tom Clark turtle deck

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 8/8A
Vlad
Class E

Tom Clark turtle deck

Post by Vlad »

Gentlemen,
Has anybody tried to contact Tom Clark recently? I friend of mine is building an 8 and would like to buy his turtle deck mod. I asked couple times on the other forum, send several emails to Tom but still no results.
RV-9A N666BK flying 4,500+ hours since 2011

N733JJ
Class G

Tom Clark turtle deck

Post by N733JJ »

Tom "retired" late last year but took another job that has him splitting time between the coasts.  As a result, he is very difficult to get hold of, e-mails got lost in a hundred he gets every day and my guess is that he does not have the time to make the kits.  

Several years ago, he offered it all to Vans but they were not interested.  Perhaps if there is interest, he will let someone else take over.  I will be seeing him in a couple weeks when he is back out this way, I'll mention it to him.

Scott A. Jordan

On Jan 28, 2011, at 10:30 AM, RB Lists - RV8 wrote:
Gentlemen,
Has anybody tried to contact Tom Clark recently? I friend of mine is building an 8 and would like to buy his turtle deck mod. I asked couple times on the other forum, send several emails to Tom but still no results.

RV-9A N666BK ready for a hangar 

rivetbangers.com - Discussion topic http://www.rivetbangers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=36349#36349

Submitted via email

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Vlad, We can call him when you stop by.

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Vlad
Class E

Re: Tom Clark turtle deck

Post by Vlad »

N733JJ wrote:Tom "retired" late last year but took another job that has him splitting time between the coasts. �As a result, he is very difficult to get hold of, e-mails got lost in a hundred he gets every day and my guess is that he does not have the time to make the kits. �

Several years ago, he offered it all to Vans but they were not interested. �Perhaps if there is interest, he will let someone else take over. �I will be seeing him in a couple weeks when he is back out this way, I'll mention it to him.

Scott A. Jordan

On Jan 28, 2011, at 10:30 AM, RB Lists - RV8 wrote:

Thank you Scott. Much appreciated.
Gentlemen,

RV-9A N666BK ready for a hangar�

rivetbangers.com - Discussion topic�http://www.rivetbangers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=36349#36349

Submitted via email

Vlad
Class E

Post by Vlad »

captain_john wrote:Vlad, We can call him when you stop by.

:) CJ

That would be a great opportunity John. Maybe he has a kit laying around? :)