lik lik baloos..has left the house!(hanger)....

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 8/8A
stanman
Class G
Location: 2123 Liberty...1 Lennie Av. Main Beach..Southport. 4217. Queensland.. australia

lik lik baloos..has left the house!(hanger)....

Post by stanman »

well ...finally got the Cof A...now trying to convert 80 tons of jetflying..into 800 kgs of rv8...where has this extra foot come from???
stanman...rv8...fuselage

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Stanman,

I have absolutely NO IDEA what a lik lik baloo is but I get the idea you are excited about being ready to fly your plane!

That is GREAT!!!

Keep us posted!

Pics too!!!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

stanman
Class G
Location: 2123 Liberty...1 Lennie Av. Main Beach..Southport. 4217. Queensland.. australia

lik lik baloos

Post by stanman »

G.day Capt. John!...tks for your comments!.....will try to post photos in due course...have only done engine runs and taxys so far.....currently renewing medical..then licence renewal..probably train in a citabria...last flew a taildragger 38 yrs ago (DC3) so.. some work to do!...Re "lik lik baloos'...ie the Papua/New Guinean ..native term for a small aeroplane...it means ...'little pidgeon'..I started flying as a bush pilot in 1970..in New Guinea..a large mountainous island north of aussie...many aussie pilots cut their teeth there!........I believe the term 'balus'..or baloos..(oz slang!) refer to the species...which include the beautiful.. "Bird of Paradise"....which as we all agree..aptly describes the ' RV 'series of a/c....rgds to all..stan ..
stanman...rv8...fuselage

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Stanman, sounds like you will come up to speed quite nicely on the RV!

Thanks for the lik lik Baloo story! I liked it!

Perfect name!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!