Infinity stick grip

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 8/8A
Colin Jordan
Class G

Infinity stick grip

Post by Colin Jordan »

Hello all,
I am installing an Infinity grip and would like to now how to handle the big wire which will exit at the bottom of the front stick.How and where to secure and route it in such a way as to minimize flex stress and yet not introduce resistance to the feel.
Also to what lenght should the stick be cut to stop interferance with the instruement panel?
Can anyone direct me to installation pictures perhaps.
Any comments much appreciated.
Colin in Kelowna.

Dan A
Class D

Post by Dan A »

HI Colin,
Haven't heard from you in a while. As for the wire coming out of the stick, I drilled a hole just above the pivit pin for the elevator and routed it back to the spar carry thru box and along the right side up thru the gear box to a terminal block I mounted on the #3 bulkhead. it seems to be the best place for the least wire bending. As for the length of the stick I cut it just enough for the top hat to clear with my thumb on the top and not scrape.

On another topic, my 8 just received it's airworthyness certificate on Friday 7/1 and I will be flying soon.
I checked your web site and your project looks great!!
Take care, Dan N742DA sn 80003

mustang
Class E

Post by mustang »

Colin,
I missed you at the Vernon Fly-in on Fathers Day. It wasn't a bad day actually. There wasn't too much to look at but the RV turnout was good with seven in the lineup and some more being built in the hangars.

I'm heading down to Delta sometime this week if the weather ever smartens up. I will be picking up Hammy's RV-4 and bringing it up to Kamloops until I fly it out to Oshkosh. Hammy took commercial today to Milwaukee since the WX in the midwest is so "iffy", so I got the job of taking the airplane out there for him. Sometimes, you just gotta work!?!

The house is coming along and I'm busy doing retaining walls and getting ready to tape and mud the shop. Then I can get organized and get back to building. We have our spare bedroom(s) operational and I have a mostly empty hangar out at Knutsford. So if you and Barb feel like coming over for an overnight, we are ready for you.

Cheers, Pete
Peter Marshall
Newbie RV-8 builder.

You wanna draw, ....against the fastest rivet gun in the West??? LOL