Count Me In!!

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 9/9A
qtrmiledan
Class G

Count Me In!!

Post by qtrmiledan »

Hello! My name is Danny Baker. Empennage ordered 2-1-05. Rv9A #91137. My wife and I are newly minted PPL's (~160 hrs each) We live in Baker, La. ( just north of Baton Rouge ). We currently own a 1965 cherokee 180c. Can't wait to get started( been researching this for about 10 months now- convinced I've made the right choice! ) Sure am glad to see a group like this- support, information, advice. Thanks in advance for yall's help!!!
Danny
Baker, La.
RV9A #91137 fuse/finish

arffguy
Class E

Post by arffguy »

Welcome to the group! You have made an excellent choice in building a RV-9A. (Hey guys and gals, note that "-A" :mrgreen: ) Just remember that line in Van's manuals that has "enjoyable" and "frustrating" in the same sentence. Some days are better than others when building. If you are both pilots I could see where that could be "enjoyable" and "frustrating" also. :wink: The great thing about this experience is that it is not just about owning an airplane but it is also the social aspects, the individual choices you can make, the learning curves and the fact that we are doing something very few people in general try to do. A friend of mine just started a -9A and the kits are very nice now. I wish you well.
Mikey
RV-6A Wings
"If it was easy, everyone would be doing it."

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Hi Danny! I think that you will find this forum to have a more personal touch, I do. We have fun here and joke around. By and large, we are made up of beginners, but we have some salts that are in the flying stage.

We won't hold that nosewheel against you as a mark of disgrace! Right, Arrfguy?

:wink: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Oh, and Congrats to you AND your wife for getting your tickets!

:mrgreen: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

arffguy
Class E

Post by arffguy »

Captain_John wrote:
We won't hold that nosewheel against you as a mark of disgrace! Right, Arrfguy?

:wink: CJ

Hell yes, if you're an RVator then you're cool. :thumbsup: I don't care which end the little wheel is on. Enjoy the ride.
Mikey
RV-6A Wings
"If it was easy, everyone would be doing it."

bmurrish
Class D

Post by bmurrish »

Welcome to the world of flying. I wish I would have decided to build right after aquiring my PPL. The fact that both your spouse and you are both pilots and building together is very cool. Enjoy the journey.
Bill Murrish
RV-8 Fuselage

qtrmiledan
Class G

Thanks Guys!!

Post by qtrmiledan »

Thanks for the encouragement! Ive flown in an RV4 but never a 9. Please don't hold the "nose wheel" against me!!
Danny
Baker, La.
RV9A #91137 fuse/finish