Mr. Van himself flies HIS new RV-10!

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 10.
cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Mr. Van himself flies HIS new RV-10!

Post by cjensen »

Anybody catch this on the flight report page today!?
Subject: First Flight

On April 1, I flew my new personal RV-10 for the first time from my home on Sunset Airpark in North Plains, OR. Built in about 18 months with major help from brother Jerry, who will share flying privileges. The engine is an AeroSport Power IO-540-D4A5 with a Hartzell Blended Airfoil prop. The panel holds an Advanced Flight Systems AF-3500 EFIS/AOA, a Garmin 396, Garmin transponder, Icom radio, Digiflight II autopilot, PS intercom…and that’s about it. Lots of bang-for-the-buck, with plenty of space left over. Empty weight is just 1590 lbs, so there’s a lot of useful load available. This is my first "homebuilt" airplane in many years, and it has been great to experience (once again) all the frustration, exhilaration, anxiety, euphoria, rage, etc. that seems integral to homebuilding. I can now relate better to those who have built or are still building. Buy some more bandaids and keep plugging away!"

the ORIGINAL RV grin

Dick VanGrunsven,
North Plains, OR.
8) 8) 8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

dons
Class C

Post by dons »

Yeah I saw that, I was wondering to myself if there might be a few minor revisions coming to the plans and maybe a few pieces now that he actually built one. Then again, they may not have used the plans at all :)
Don Sinclair
CYKF
RV-7A (Fuselage)