RV-10 Cutaway Drawing

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 10.
leffler
Class E

RV-10 Cutaway Drawing

Post by leffler »

I don’t know how many folks have followed the Cutaway RV Drawing thread on VAF. ( http://www.vansairforce.com/community/s ... hp?t=38927 ) I have taken an interest and wanted to share with the RV-10 community to gather more interest.

Here is an example of the RV-7A Slider:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9931 ... finale.jpg

To get a RV-10 version commissioned and started, Tom needs a demonstrated interest from the RV-10 community. I’m interested in getting one and I thought I would post here to encourage others that may be interested to order as well.

To order, just send an email to tjtechart@comcast.net and let Tom know which model you want and whether you want a limited edition or an open edition print. If you want an open edition, let us know if you want an 18x24 or 24x36. No money is collected until the project starts.

The following is an overview of what’s involved in the project and the different types of prints available.

Research (approximately 50 hours including travel)

Access to engineering plans and actual RV’s. I have already contacted Vans' Aircraft who have given me a thumbs up "go", and they are willing to provide access to plans. I’m confident there are enough RVs in the Portland area for final close-up access to a finished plane(s).

Hand created draft (about 200 hours)

Pencil the detailed draft. This is the phase that makes my art unique. I do this phase by hand because it adds a unique perspective and fine art quality—like Leonardo DaVinci. Also because it's more like building the real plane, which is essentially what I must do to create these images.

Final details and painting (about 100 hours)

Load the draft into the computer for completion and painting.

Send to the Printer.

Tom will bill the retainer through PayPal once the required number of orders is reached.

Once all retainers (50%) have been received, I will schedule in the project, which will take approximately 8 weeks to complete.

Available prints and pricing:

18" X 24" on archival paper............................................. ...$45.00 +S/H**

24" X 36" on archival paper............................................. ...$65.00 +S/H**

Fine-art 24" X 36" limited edition of 100 *giclee prints..........$200.00 + S/H**

Custom prints: an exclusive cutaway of your personal aircraft with your paint scheme and specific details. By quote only, the price will be determined by the complexity of paint scheme and level of detail desired. A 50% deposit will be required on these special projects to secure a position in the queue. They will be scheduled in the order received after completion. Custom cutaways generally range between $500 - $1500. I have done some of these works for Pitts Model 12 customers and they have been extremely pleased with the final result.

*a giclee is digital print that is the highest quality reproduction available. These are fine-art prints produced on museum quality acid-free paper using non-fading special inks. When framed properly, these prints have non-fading life expectancy of 100 years. These must be printed one at a time at ultra-high resolution for maximum detail. They take about 1 hour each to print and are dazzling.

**Shipping and handling includes actual shipping charge and packing tube. Within the US this is $15.00. Overseas rates vary. (Inquire for rates)

Artwork is always copyrighted with all rights retained by TJTechArt, Inc
Bob Leffler
RV-10 - Flying
http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

ppilotmike
Class G

RV-10 Cutaway

Post by ppilotmike »

I too visited his site to see if he had an RV-10 cutaway done. I would really love to have one, but for now, I need to concentrate all of my focus (and money) on building the plane. If you do finally get Tom to do your RV-10, I sure would like to see it. Maybe in a couple of years when I'm finished with my RV-10, I'll get a custom cutaway done. I think they look great. What an artist he is!
"You have to reach for the stars if you want to touch the sky."