RV 10 Factory

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 10.

RV 10 Factory

Post by Guest »

You guys might find this interesting.
Last night at my EAA meeting a guy brought a -10 fuse to show off. Quite an airplane and really big inside after looking at the 2-seaters for years. Anyway, the fellow is our local hired gun and has completed 22 of the 2 seaters. This one he brought is one of 4 he has going at his shop. Says if van can get the finish kits to him in time he's going to have 1 at sunnfun this year. Wish I could build that quick! Richard

728GD
Class E

Post by 728GD »

Richard,

What part of the Country are you from? How about your EAA chapter. I am wondering if I know your factory owner..
Golf Delta

Post by Guest »

Chapter 10, Tulsa. We have a website. Don't know the address offhand but it's easy to find. - Richard

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Welcome Richard! :thumbsup: Thanx for participating :mrgreen:
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

RV6junkie
Class G

Post by RV6junkie »

Was it Herbie Ross?
Gary
RV-6
Started 1989
Completed/Flown 1995

728GD
Class E

Post by 728GD »

Richard,

Say hi to John for me!! I was a long time member of chapter 10 until I relocated to California to become a husband and father, all in one step. John is a wealth of information but I don't know if he can count so you had better watch the Chapter funds!!! Dale
Golf Delta

Post by Guest »

Hi Dale - Yes, we're watching him. I think he's on to something now that has a lot better future than his old airline job! I think I'm gonna go out and see his operation and slobber a little bit. Take her easy. Richard

728GD
Class E

Post by 728GD »

How many 10's is he working on currently? I know he sold his 8 to Bill so I figured he must be close on "his" 10.

Please say hello to everyone at the Chapter for me. I hope to have an oppertunity to make a trip out that way again and stop by for a visit.

I am also planning on flying out to Hondo, TX for the Southwest Regional Fly-In in May. We should try and get a big group to fly out, set up tents and enjoy telling lies.

Any takers??? It runs from May 12th through the 15th.

Dale
Golf Delta

gramps

Post by gramps »

He's got 4 in the oven right now. The one he brought to the meet is going to Jim Younkin. Sold the -8 so he's afoot right now. That won't last long. I'll gladly pass on your greetings. - Gramps

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Welcome Gramps! :thumbsup: Good to see you.
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

728GD
Class E

Post by 728GD »

Gramps,

Do I know you??? I moved away in November of 2000.

I knew Jim was getting the first 10. John made an agreement with him regarding the AP he placed in his 8 and Jim would get the first 10. I guess it's good to have friends!

Dale
Golf Delta

gramps
Class G

Post by gramps »

I don't think we met. I hadn't started this project until after you'd already gone. I thought I'd read somewhere something about you. Maybe the newsletter recently? Do you have a -6?
And hey Spike- thanks for the welcome. This is one of the better places to hang out, I think. I gotta get outta this -10 thread tho before someone I know sees me! Gramps - -7A Fuse

728GD
Class E

Post by 728GD »

Hey Gramps,

Yes, I have a 6. I flew her out here, CA, from Gundy's in May of '03. John actually helped me finish the building after I moved out here in 2000.

Dale
Golf Delta