Lord engine mount group buy

A forum to discuss the installation and maintenance of the O-320, O-360, & O-540 engines and their variants.
captain_john
Sparky

Lord engine mount group buy

Post by captain_john »

Hey all,

In case you have been out of the loop, I have done 3 group buys on the other site (back when they were to benefit the builders and didn't need to comply with all kinds of rules set up to... well I digress).

I did a Hooker Harness, governor and ICOM radio deal, all with great success!

Now, It looks like I have a lead into some Lord engine mounts dealing directly with the manufacturer... no middle man! I understand that Van is currently back ordered on these units and also cannot get any reasonable facsimiles either.

Last I spoke with Lord, I was going through my divorce and couldn't spare the bandwidth to coordinate such an effort.

IF I WERE to refresh this idea, would anyone be interested?

Please chime in if so. This WOULD NOT be a VAF deal. Doug can go pound sand. Besides, I don't think that a manufacturer would want to be a "VAF Member" anyways.

I would strictly be doing this for the benefit of my fellow RV builders, the way it SHOULD be!

If you have any coordination ideas, I would love to hear them. Also, should this thing gather momentum I would need the assistance of fellow builders who support their own websites for advertising purposes.

8) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

bullojm1
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by bullojm1 »

CJ-

I already have a set of Lord mounts, but I would be glad to put a plug on my websites main page for the group buy.
Mike Bullock
http://www.rvplane.com
RV-7 | Superior IO-360 | Whirlwind 200RV
Garmin GTN650 | GRT Dual Sport SX EFIS

BSwayze
Class C

Post by BSwayze »

I was just looking through some old threads on engines, and came across this one. Wish you were doing this now, CJ! I have a bead on a engine that I'll probably buy, but I'll need a set of mounts for it if I do. Oh well...
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Bruce,

I never did the group buy deal as Van now supplies Lord's in their kit.

The other ones they supplied (Barry perhaps?) didn't get rave reviews and I didn't want them.

Bottom line is, for all my work in doing the group buy I really couldn't provide that much of a price break in the group buy so I put the kaibosh on the deal.

:) CJ

P.S. I will let you know what Andair says! Talk soon!
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!