Throttle cable location

A forum to discuss the installation and maintenance of the O-320, O-360, & O-540 engines and their variants.
RVNewsletter
Class D

Throttle cable location

Post by RVNewsletter »

How much leeway does an RV-7A builder (with a Mattituck IO-360) have in locating the pass-through hole for the throttle cable.

I've put particulars on my blog.

Specifically, the problem is the location of the doubler for FI and the doubler Van's has you put in for the carbureted fuel pump, has left me little room for the throttle cable where the instructions suggest it should go (especially if you want to use the SafeAir eyeballs which have about a 1" nut.

Would there be a significant problem in just drilling the hole required (it's a 3/4" hole) through the existing doubler for the fuel pump I'm not using?
Bob Collins
Letters from Flyover Country
http://rvnewsletter.blogspot.com/

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

I'd like to tell you an inch one way or another won't matter.....but that may be wrong info.

I have non standard locations and throttle setup, (my passthru's are on the pilotside high on the firewall) but found that moving the hole a couple of inches caused 1 cable to be too short. OF course to be fair, my 55" prop cable was way too long, ordered a 48" and it is still long, but usable.

Anyone need a 55" quadrant cable?
Brian
Townsend, MT