Lord Mounts

A forum to discuss the installation and maintenance of the O-320, O-360, & O-540 engines and their variants.
flywulf
Class G

Lord Mounts

Post by flywulf »

Is their an easier way to sort out which lord mount is correct for a 7A? I am trying to buy used and save a few bucks doing so. My engine was originally delivered attached to a Piper PA-44 and the P/N is J-9613-40. Frankly these mounts all look the same to me....are they?

perplexed,

Ed
Last edited by flywulf on Fri May 11, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulie
Class G

Lord

Post by paulie »

Check Vans accessory page, they call out a mount type.

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

I THINK they are the right mounts!

:o CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

flywulf
Class G

Mounts of confusion

Post by flywulf »

Hello again,

I contacted a technical representative at LORD Corp. One maker of these mounts. He had a very easy way to figure out the mounts for Dynafocal engine mounts. They come in two sizes, 1 3/4 inch and 2.0 inch when measured. at a certain point. Hence any two inch mount will work with the vans Dynafocal mount. The last dash number in the P/N indicates certain features about the mount kit. Elastic properties of the rubber etc. He also recommended using the additional gel inserts if your engine tends to rock back and forth during start up.Evidently these will damp that out.

The tech reps at LORD were very helpful and had more information then you would probably ever need to solve any vibration issues you might have.

Has anyone else bought used mounts?

cheers,

Ed

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Ed, Mine came new with the kit.

If I were to install used ones, I would swap the top ones with the bottom ones if I knew the original position of them.

Reason being, the bottom mounts are loaded in compression. The top ones are not.

My two...

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!